Hey all! So I have discovered this super amazing place in Atlanta – the Rawesome Juicery. It’s awesome. And delicious. I am completely addicted to it. It’s in the Sweet Auburn Curb Market downtown. It’s really only about 6 or 7 minutes from my house by car, but it’s kind of out of the way and they are doing street car construction down there…so I can’t go all the time.
I have a juicer of my own, but I can’t seem to get the proportions right when making juice and I also hate cleaning it up. So I thought, let me try to make something juice like in my Vitamix.
Well this is what resulted. Not at all what I was going for, but equally delicious! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 small organic apples peeled and cored
- 1 large (or two small – mine was humongous) organic cucumber peeled and cut into a few large chunks (doesn’t have to be seedless, they get pulverized in the blender, you won’t notice)
- 2 or 3 large handfuls of spinach
- A couple handfuls of frozen pineapple (I just used what was left in the bag so I have no idea)
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves (optional…I put in for mine, left out for Pooky. He is not a fan
Put your cucumber chunks and apple chunks into the blender. Blend them until liquified. I had to use my stopper thing to push them around to get them going, but then they blended just fine without added liquid.
Next add in your spinach, frozen pineapple and optional mint and blend until smoothie and frothy!
Mine made 2 pint glass sized servings.